The new version of HDT is available.
It adds a new “memory” module to make information more readily available on the memory.
In this new mode, we find the stone work on memory mappings. There are the following commands:
memory> show E820
Displays information E820
memory> show E801
Displays information E801
memory> show E88
Displays information E88
This release also fixes several bugs on the cli
- the behavior of the backspace key,
- the cursor disappearance
- aid that overflows from the screen display
Also note that in this version, the display cursor is now flashing to facilitate its location. Warning, this is not working under QEMU.
Enjoy! PS: thank you Dag Wieers for its many returns and stone for his work on memory mapping.
The Coherence project is competing for trophies 2009 f.
Following the presentation I made at their ‘installs party’, the project has just been announced as a finalist in the multimedia section.
Of the 120 participating projects in 7 categories, the fact remains that 21 for the finals to be held on 5 & 6 June, 2009 at Soisson.
I prepare for this event a beautiful demonstration that will demonstrate the possibilities of the world as UPNP Coherence opens up new perspectives.
PS: Frank Scholtz (author of Coherence) also speaks on his blog
The 0.3.x branch is inaugurated with version 0.3.1. On the menu :
- Much work refactoring the CLI that allows us to have the completion and historitque.
- Cleaning the display functions for consistency
- a self-correction of the file name (modules.pcimap) when used with isolinux
- cleaning of multiple spaces carried by some tools
- support for type information VPD (Virtual Product Data).
I want to thank especially Pierre-Alexandre Meyer for his work that allowed the release of this version.
After no less than 21 pre-releases, the Post has just fallen on the mailing list of Syslinux the Syslinux 3.74 version.
This version therefore incorporates the 0.2.7 version of HDT (Hardware Detection Tool), the tool I mentioned in a previous ticket.
This first official release of HDT is provided as standard in the archive Syslinux. You can find the “hdt.c32” file in the “com32 / hdt”.
I want to thank particularly
- testers development versions which helped stabilized the code of this version
- Gonzalo Sebastian (Oznog) for his proofreading comments and patches
- Pierre-Alexandre Meyer (WFP) for its active involvement in the project, he was responsible among other recasting the CLI to be effective in the next version of HDT. This new architecture of the CLI will be scalable and will include completion commands via the <TAB>